Subject: [Leica] IMG: NOLA in Nov Images - non weddings
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:15:45 -0600

It's been a crazy couple of months with wedding work, and last week in
New Orleans was the annual Pictage Partnercon photographers
conference. http://www.pro.pictage.com/community/ppc/neworleans/

There were over 400 photographers in New Orleans during the week, lots
of time for meeting, learning, and little time for rest. So much fun
that Pictage has decided to hold the event again in NOLA next year!
Used to be held in LA every year since that's where they are based.

These are just a few images from the week, as I spent most of my time
meeting people, I barely took more than 50 images the whole time. I
hosted my own workshop during this time where we took a busload of
photographers to the Lower 9th Ward in NOLA. So amazing to see a bunch
of photogs scramble off a bus and immediately start talking to the
locals about what happened. Somewhat inspired by the LUG books, I'm
hoping to put together a book from the workshop showing a collection
of images taken that day, 30 photographers in all.

On the last day of the conference we had a Katrina Family photo shoot
on the NOLA Westbank(across the river from NOLA). Over 100 families
showed to have their images captured, many had lost family images due
to Hurricane Katrina. A very long and tiring day, but very satisfying
to give back to the local community. The last photo in this collection
was of a man who came in just as we were packing everything up. So we
grabbed a background, had some hands hold it up and gave him some
great portraits.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/zoeica/NOLANov2009/

Enjoy!

Chris Williams