Subject: [Leica] Bob Baron (photo Howard Cummer) in Hong Kong
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:55:29 -0800

Hi Steve, and Group:  I want to report that I thought I might be in
for some solitude during my return from Bangkok via Hong Kong but
Joseph Yao, Howard Cummer and (sometimes LUGer) Ray Tai welcomed me
with open arms, overfed me and took me to every great shooting
location in Hong Kong and some of the most fascinating used camera
stores I've ever seen. Any camera, lens or accessory you might have
ever thought you might want or need is available in Hong Kong, usually
in more than one place - but unfortunately often at a premium.  I
think Ray summed it up when he described one camera dealer  as 'the
guy who also sets the prices in hotel mini bars'.

 I'm only slightly embarrassed that they've been putting up photos of
my visit and I haven't yet, but I spent some time on the plane back to
LAX last night working on my laptop and if I can stay awake I'll edit
some more between here and Denver and Oklahoma City and will get them
put up soon.

I think I may be getting a little old for this but I sure had a great time.

--Bob

==On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Steve Barbour