Subject: [Leica] Forscher's lights
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 04:59:03 -0800 (PST)

You're kind of going both ways - yeah the flash is going to bring in info to
the shadows, and so bring down the black, but then the bump is going to
'blow' the highlights. Since the film is so damn slow, you've got time to
play with both ends and figure your percentages. Halftones that that only
have a main exposure are usually pretty flat.

Kodak still make a whole range of lith films, but I wonder if they are doing
any fresh research with them. I guess they're still being used in
specialized industries, but in the print biz, is anyone still shooting
traditional halftones?