Subject: [Leica] IMG: Short Trip to Abu Dhabi
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:38:32 +0530

Actually the cranes are probably just standing still - the real estate
prices in the Emirates are down 50-60%, and construction is at a total
standstill. Dubai went bankrupt and was saved by a US$50 billion cash
infusion by Abu Dhabi (the only one of the seven Emirates with substantial
oil). This is what happens when speculation is mistaken for true economic
activity.
Cheers
Jayanand