Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 46 (pt2)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:54:23 +1000

Hi Ric , as is usual your compositional eye is evident.
The first for me doesn't immediately hold my attention. My thoughts in post
would be to try adding some 'pop' to the reds and blues and maybe some
selective lightening to clarify the man's action with right hand. I think
these all could lift the ladder and man nicely from the background plane.
The second has that nice strong purple element and shapes. For me the
Noctiness detracts. Sorry if that's heresy. Pretty clearly this was LOW
light. Personal taste certainly. I'm looking for some crisp detail and more
'natural' DoF.
The third for me could maybe be stronger with some asymmetry?. A little
static, flat and soft for me (in the small web size at least).