Subject: [Leica] IMGS: An Afternoon in Macau
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:22:50 -0600

Thanks very much, Alastair, but I am wondering if you mean the third
or the fourth?

If it is
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/Macau09/W_L1008995Puppets.jpg.html
 it is by my count the fourth, but be that as it may it is not so much
a tribute to my talent as to the extreme cropping and dodging and
levels manipulation capabilities of Lightroom.

And I've got this confession to make: I thought I had a really nice
series of shots of the puppeteer standing in front of the show
interacting with several children in the audience.  I thought it would
be a masterpiece.  I was so busy shooting I didn't chimp or even look
at the indicators in the viewfinder.  Then when I later realized the
M8 shutter dial had slipped and shifted and the whole series was
completely and irretrievably underexposed and lost I almost threw the
damn thing in the harbor.

Which would have been quite a toss from where I was standing but I was
ready to do it.

I need more practice.

<sigh>

Thanks again,