Subject: [Leica] I got to handle a S2
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:47:30 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I was/am in Austin where Precision Camera had a big camera fair. Leica was
there with an M7, a few lenses, and an s2 with a 70mm lens.
I was allowed to use the camera but not take away any images. The FW is not
final and leica did not want any open (and factory uncontrlolled) comments
until final release.
The camera is very quiet. Remarkably so.
Size is comparable to my son's d700 with 24-120 lens.
Weight seemed more than the d700, but not substantially more.
I was surprised at the diameter of the lens mount. I would estimate larger
than a Hassy mount. With lots of electronic contacts.
This was one of 2 cameras in the USA.
You cAn tell almost nothing about images on a small Lcd display so I will
say nothing about the most important issue: image performance.
The FW is not final and one item that I am sure will be addresses will be
the AF algorithm. The camera I used overshot focus. The damping constants
need tuning.

Nothing more to add

Frank

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] I got to handle a S2)