Subject: [Leica] Was Bugatti Schmugatti, Now FSA Photographers
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:08:48 -0800 (PST)

Dick Wrote:

> I think race cars aren't my thing but the essay just below that one
> on FSA photographers was really interesting.
> http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com

Thanks much.  The whole RA/FSA/OWI photography project was pretty amazing.
Walker Evans, Dorothea Lange, Ben Shahn, Gordon Parks, etc., all shooting
for a federal agency, earning little more than a clerk's wages?  Would be
hard to believe, if it hadn't actually happened.

You can spend many a happy hour looking through the archives, online at the
Library of Congress:

> http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html

Many of the images (including some real stunners) are available as hi-res
downloads, and, believe me, they print very well.

--John

John Edwin Mason, Photography:
http://www.JohnEdwinMason.com
Charlottesville and Cape Town