Subject: [Leica] M9 Worth the Hype?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:13:16 -0800

Read the review below and see! But read here first!

Tina as much as myself and other M9 owners don't need to read the review
text because we are users!:-) We know and feel this picture taking machine
for what it's worth.
As much as I've bitched about the LEICA organization over the past several
years I have never flinched from the use of nor quality of the gear. It's
still world class and most likely will always be so!

Yep the DMR wasn't any wizard of the digital world due to any number of
glitch things. However when it was working the images were astounding!

The M8???????????? Oh my goodness it's birth was like a miscarriage of the
evil empire for some!  But then there were others who just moved right along
with it and shot nice magical picture. But unfortunately it became a
failure. One can't even get them repaired or serviced.

Now we have the attached M9 review? Heck I don't have to read it as I
already know the M9 is a smashing success!

Sure there are some folks who find the cost astronomical, rightly so! It
does cost a bundle! Well so does the Mercedes top end machine. But people
don't complain because of the price, they buy a Chev instead. ;-)  And
that's the way it should be with the M9! If you can't afford to buy one,
don't blame the camera! Get over it, move on and when you can afford an M9
look at the amazingly beautiful image recording machine you'll have! One of
the "real photographer" picture taking machines of the world!  And as it
goes, the M9 is / will be one of the most outstanding digital cameras as it
was with film in the world!
cheers,
Dr.
ted