Subject: [Leica] Super-Wide suggestions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 13:06:24 -0500

> Correct.  The Tokina 12-24mm is a DX lens, whereas the Sigma 12-24mm is
> full
> frame.
>
> Joseph

Though the most desired lens in the Nikon corner is the 14-24 2.8.
Its not compact.
But it gets into all those hard to reach places.

" The Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S sets a new standard in ultra-ultra wide angle
lenses. It is the best on the planet, and by a large margin. The 14-24mm is
significantly sharper than any fixed or zoom ultrawide from Canon or Nikon
that I've ever used, and I've used both Canon and Nikon's 14mm, 18mm and
ultra-wide zoom lenses extensively.

The 14-24mm does things no lens before has done. It is sharper wide-open at
14mm in the far corners than my fixed 14mm f/2.8 is stopped down at f/5.6! "

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/14-24mm.htm

Mark William Rabiner