Subject: [Leica] Noctilux - 0.95 vs. 1.0
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 22:14:55 -0500

> I've compared the 0.95 and f1 Noctis.  This review overlooks the two
> greatest optical differences: the f1 is more flare resistant, while
> the 0.95 has less (though not no) focus shift.  On the more pragmatic
> side, there is also the $4-5K price difference.
>
> Marty

This implies incorrectly that the f1 has a flare issue.
The flare issue it has is that it doesn't flare.
Its one of the more flare resistant lenses many of us on the lug have ever
used. I think that was John Colliers may reason for using it.
Do I have a memory or WHAT?!?

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Noctilux - 0.95 vs. 1.0)