Subject: [Leica] Cheap Sony VAIO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 14:26:49 -0500

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin at
> gmail.com>wrote:
> Really Sonny?
>
> OK, well half the price in the case of the laptop,  Given that Eric gets
> the
> programs he needs for either for free license from his University.  And
> support seemed to be no problem for the Mac in Oklahoma City, but last
> summer, the Macbook chose to crash here in Natchitoches, and not in a way
> covered by Mac-care.
>
>  I've sung this song before, so no need to sing it again.
>
> The point is, if you are not near Mac support, you need to beware or be
> aware.  It takes a long time  to get them fixed.
>
> If you are near an authorized service station, it takes them a long time to
> get parts, and then you have to wait until they get around to your machine.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Sonny

My Powerbook went out on me at 3 AM a year and a half ago. I woke up in the
middle of the night after restarting as I go to bed to see it in a coma.
I raced over in a speeding cab and went to the apple store on 5th ave in the
General Motors building in Midtown Manhattan. There was no stop traffic and
he made all the lights. I tipped him a twenty.
The apple guy behind the counter told me  he was not a Genius.
I told him that was perfectly alright.
Just make my baby right again.
He hooked it up to a life-support system and fixed it.
I have him a big hug an almost broke his arm.
I told him he can have my first born no matter what it looks like.
I send him holiday cards every year.

Now there is a new one as of last week in the upper west side where I am.

When I go there I feel like I'm in the George P?l Time Machine 1960.
Not sure if I'm an Eloi or a Morlock.

I don't fall far from the tree.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Cheap Sony VAIO)