Subject: [Leica] Cheap Sony VAIO = Mac religion
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 18:57:40 -0500

Just October, my wife's macbook drive went south and it wouldn't boot.
I used disk warrior and it pretty much told us the drive was toast but i
extracted my wife's home directory onto a USB drive.  ordered a WD 320
GB 2.5 SATA for $60 (free shipping) from newegg on Sunday, arrived
Tuesday, by Tuesday night reinstalled OS X and restored her home
directory, good as new.  Older macs were much harder to replace drives
and such.

I recorded my effort, DLUX4:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/techie/L1030213.JPG.html

On the right is my old X31 XP computer I bought for graduate school.
The big twin monitors in the background are my "real" computer, a 64-bit
4-core 3.2 GHz 8GB frankenstein running Ubuntu.

-rei