Subject: [Leica] OT: Mac wannabees
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:22:02 -0600

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM, David Rodgers <drodgers at
casefarms.com>wrote:

> Apple has always been ahead of the game when it comes to student
> discounts.

Yeah it has something to do with Apple (and Dell) giving stuff to the
Universities.  The student package discounts are not all that great. You can
often do just about as well at an Apple (or Dell) Store.

The only advantage for us was that Eric's Mac was packaged with all the
software he was going to need as a music major at his University.

Of couse, times change, and now, in the middle of his second year, all the
music Profs accept assignments on mp3. Go figure.

I work at a University too, and sometimes I can do pretty good with the
discounts, sometimes not.  Dell sells other stuff, besides laptops and
computers, ya know.

I also have a connection through IBM to Lenovo, and I was able to beat the
professional discount by seventy dollars using a coupon code from Fat
Wallet.

--
Regards,

Sonny