Subject: [Leica] Panoramic Photo
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:07:18 -0500

At 02:28 PM 12/11/2009, you wrote:
>Steve Bloom's stitched street scape served as a catalyst to many
>complex thoughts and feelings about:
>economies, culture, people, streets, photography, photographic
>limits, multimedia, printing and printing.
>
>Google Streetview provides banal information.

I agree.  I don't see any similarity between Bloom's panoramic shot
and Google Streetview!  The panorama takes you into another world.  I
don't know how he managed to photograph the whole street without
attracting attention but it's as if he is invisible.  That's what
I've always wanted to be - invisible in the middle of another
culture.  I walked on many streets just like this in Kenya but
attracted swarms of kids wanting their photos made, beggars asking
for money, and vendors trying to sell everything imaginable.  How did
he manage to do this without anyone walking between him and the
sidewalk view?  It's amazing.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com