Subject: [Leica] First Pix with my
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:26:38 -0500 (EST)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Nice shots..... However, if you are going to use a MF lens, wide open, I
>would wonder what the 280 or 400 Telyt would feel like on the D 700 body?
>The Visoflex version would allow you to use the Viso to Nikon adapter.....

The advantage of the 300mm Nikkor on the D700 is that Howard won't be
hampered by the manual aperture when he wants to stop the lens down.  As I
understand it, he was using the lens at f/4.5 because of the particular
conditions in the aviary & zoo: busy, cluttered backgrounds.  In other
conditions he may want to stop the lens down somewhat, as I often do for DOF.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com