Subject: [Leica] IMG: postcard - now winter freeze
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:21:40 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:

I had two nights which were 59 degrees and I was beside myself my face froze
out of  the covers but I couldn't put them under the covers as I couldn't
breathe. So no sleep. During the day I had to to get out of here. Yet it was
howling outside with 30 degrees. I was stuck between a ice rock and hard
place.

Mark, you big city wuss!   ;-)   Your face can't freeze at 59 degrees. This
time of year that's practically summer balm. It was close to 0 F. here on
the southern slopes of the Adirondacks this past weekend, without wind
chill. A few Januaries ago when we were weekending in our old 1860
Washington County farmhouse, our oil-burning furnace went out on the Friday
night, actually wee hours of Saturday morning. Woke up with the temp in our
bedroom at 40 F. Outside it was +5 F.

That's cold. Stay warm.

Love and kisses,    ;-)

Seth