Subject: [Leica] Young photographer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:39:37 -0500

> One of the few photographers illustrated on the LUG not old enough to
> collect Social Security.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Young+photographer+1.jpg.html
>
> Even the young ones "chimp" from time to time.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Young+photographer+2.jpg.html
>
> Larry Z

"Chimping" on the LUG is often described as a kind of weakness or thing to
be embarrassed about. Possibly because of its nickname: Chimping. And the
reluctant rocky non smooth gradual familiarity of digital techniques with
users on the LUG.

At this point I'd be embarrassed about NOT doing Chimping.
Its simply an integral park of digital photography.
Feedback.
And lots of it.
On a regular basis.

To NOT be checking your monitor on a regular basis to see what your getting
is nothing less than foolish.
Not the other way around.

Its inexcusable to not be totally in touch with what your shooting when
you''re doing digital photography. Its about half the point of digital in
the first place.

Mark William Rabiner