Subject: [Leica] Brunch at the Palace and Lucky Dogs
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 00:08:53 -0600

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Hugh Thompson <hewthompson at mac.com>
wrote:
Sonny - brunch sounds scrumptious ...... except, what's "debris".

By the look of the building across the street I see some businesses have not
recovered.

Hugh

Debris is the part at the ends, bottom  and sides of  the roast that get the
basting, so has lots of flavor.

Rapp's Luggage moved to another location after many years there.  The shop
has had several tenants since the storm.   I think it will soon be
redeveloped.

The red building to the right is a J.W. Marriott and the Restaurant is a
Schula's Steakhouse.  Kinda strange to bring that to New Orleans, but hey,
it looks real nice, and it is on the American side of Canal Street.

Canal Street has high and low spots right now, but I think it is showing
more promise than it has in many years.  My son Adam says there's a definate
move to shake up things, and get rid of the cabs that refuse short trips,
evict the t-shirt shops and make room for some more quality merchandisers.

When i came to town in the late 60's Canal was a wonderful street. I hope it
comes back.

--
Regards,

Sonny