Subject: [Leica] Re small recognition
From: socphoto at verizon.net (Socolow Carl)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:28:36 -0500

Tina and all,

thanks for your comments. A book is my ultimate goal. Slowly I've
been editing and making prints and categorizing files. I shoot film,
as mentioned, and so I still have to edit my final 2008 digital
contacts, make "wet"  work prints from which I'll select finals. Then
I'll do fluid-mounted scans of the negs, work up the files, make
myself final prints and edit all my "final" prints down to book
length. I'm kind of taking my time but I'd also like to get it over
with eventually and get on with some other projects. Once I have my
finals selected I want to make a maquette and start shopping it
around. The show has kind of distracted me so I'm looking forward
between the holidays to getting back to making some prints.

My mentor, who helps me edit, came up with an idea for a whole new
portfolio this summer. It will involve a lot of revisiting scans and
other pictures. It has merit but this project, my personal
photography, gets worked on at night- usually until about 2 a.m.- as
I still have my commercial work and clients whose needs I have to meet.

Best wishes for this holiday season to you and all who commented and
this group in general from whom I've always gained insight and
inspiration.

Carl S. Socolow
Socolow Photography