Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:32:35 -0500

Hmmmm.... let's go to the data bank:

For an half cup of oats,*
Quaker Old Fashioned Oats:  150 calories
Quick Quaker Oats: 150 calories
Steel Cut Oatmeal: 150 calories
Rolled Oats: 150 calories

Fast food in general tends to be fattening because of the large percentage
of, well, fat (and sugar) in it but I've never heard that healthy food
cooked more slowly releases sugars more slowly.  I don't think it matters,
anyway.  Seems to violate the rule of conservation of energy.  You know, a
calorie is a calorie is a calorie.  Maybe it preserves something else, maybe
it retains more of it's original nutrients?

You're right about chubbies being full of dieting information.  What would
you like to know? ;-)

Regards,

Dick

*From