Subject: [Leica] Breaking IR cover glass on the M9
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:36:24 +0800

Hi Luggers,
I have been following this topic with interest on the L Camera Forum,
biding my time over the purchase of an M9, and was pleased to see this
message posted by Stefan Daniel this afternoon HK time:

Dear Friends of the Leica M9, Thanks a lot for reporting the broken
sensor cover glasses in the forum. We have registered some very few
cases and are actually evaluating the root cause together with our
suppliers. In any case, if such a problem may occur to you, Leica will
replace the camera or the sensor free of charge in our very best delays.

Stefan Daniel, Leica Camera AG

Acknowledging a problem and promising a solution in a timely fashion
is the way to handle these situations.
Tiger should take note.
Cheers
Howard (in HK)