Subject: [Leica] Levels of critique
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:20:35 -0600

And even though you invited this level of commentary Doug
I too found it difficult to actually express some of those points;
knowing such comments can strike nerves.

I make no claim to actually "know" your next set of goals.
Simply another set of opinions based on what I've seen by you and
others.
Yet I suspect that, now that you've mastered many of your previous
goals, you do have a new set.

I find great pleasure (and some balance) from daily readings in a
book titled "365 Tao."
The book is structured to have the readings relate to season
according to Northern or Southern hemisphere.
Very often (and this is spooky) the readings relate directly to
something here and now in my life.

Such is the case with today's reading; relating directly to this
discussion:

Headline:
"Template"

Opening Verse:
"Must you see nature as a machine?
Is your only learning chemistry, physics, and ontology?
What if poetry was your template for life?
Can't you know Tao by the feeling of mud in your sandals?
Thus are the sages called silly:
They have given up their prejudices."

Excerpts from text that follows:
"By the time we are "mature," we have created innumerable layers of
interpretation and biased perception that become our templates for
living. Of course, we could have some fun with this situation. We
could change the templates that we use to interact with the world.
and
Templates are essential for beginners, a hinderance for veterans.
True followers of Tao give up all templates and are without
prejudices. They return to the actions of infants. Thus they are
called silly. But because they view the world with their inner eye,
they transcend all the sorrows of life."

;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com