Subject: [Leica] lions and elephants
From: bryanwi at bryanwi.com (Bryan Willman)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:28:46 -0800

It's always about risk.   Attacking an adult elephant, even in a pack,
would be Very High Risk venture.  (Hunting elephants with guns was and
is considered Very High Risk) - so even Lions would be unlikely to risk
it unless desperate.   The younger/smaller/weaker the elephant, the
better the predator odds.