Subject: [Leica] Latkes
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:18:10 -0500

I thought I was dying when I stopped eating latkes. The fire in my heart
went out.
Larry Z

Peter wrote:

"We are having a Hanukkah party, so Katya made latkes.  Not the

traditional latkes, which are made from grated raw potatoes, fried in

oil.  Those are delicious, but sit in your stomach like lead afterwards.

Instead, Katya found a recipe for Louisiana sweet potato pancakes, which

involve mixing boiled mashed sweet potatoes with a

pancake batter.  Delicious, and easier on the digestion."

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Latkes)