Subject: [Leica] Canadian Sourced Digital M Batteries
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:05:58 -0800

I bought from 3 vendors, received 2 packages that were basically the
batteries thrown in a manila envelope and a stamp slapped on the front.  No
packaging to speak of.
The batteries seem to work fine, and at $12 each, I can afford to replace
each in the future 10 times for what a single Leica battery costs.  Mine are
all 1700mAh batteries.

Of course, it took about 4 weeks to receive the batteries, and one shipment
never made it here.

I have numbered my batteries and SD cards ( Sharpie) so that I can follow
the trip in order... and the batteries will be rotated in order as well for
even useage.

I also just received a Delkin Dual Battery charger with plates for the Leica
batteries.  I have been re-charging the batteries, and they seem to charge
as fast as the standard Leica charger.  The Delkin is good because it
charges 2 at once and is a universal voltage version ( 110 to 240V, 50/60
HZ) and it costs about $40.  However it is not smaller than the standard
charger... the Delkin has 2 "boxes" ... one is the power adapter ( smallish
transformer type) and the other holds the batteries.  Each is about 1/2 the
size of the standard charger,. So there is no advantage space wise.  I think
it is a good option if you use 2 different battery types from 2 vendors, as
you can use 1 plate for the Leica, and another different plate for the
Canon/Nikon/ etc....and not have to carry around 2 chargers.  You can mix
and match the plates, charge dissimilar batteries at the same time, and each
is treated as a separate charger/battery combo.  I like it, and only wish it
were smaller.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

My 1900 mAh Canadian sourced M9 batteries arrived in the mail today. I
ordered two batteries back on November 13th but the seller dropped the ball
on my order and only shipped then out when I called them last week.

Not a great start but a big improvement over the cheaper Hong Kong Ebay
seller who sent me 4 1700 mAh batteries that never arrived. I've charged up
the first battery and plan on testing it in the cold here in the next few
days.

Greg Lorenzo

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Canadian Sourced Digital M Batteries)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Canadian Sourced Digital M Batteries)