Subject: [Leica] New Zealand Awaits......
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:21:32 -0600

You should enjoy it.
We were there a year ago for a week, which does not make us an
authority, even in Internet terms.
Our whole trip is here:

http://tinyurl.com/yelz7dw
It may give you ideas for places to stop.

The country is spectacular and well signposted. If you are driving
yourself, I can recommend getting a Kruze

http://www.krusenz.com/

The commentary is triggered by its own GPS and we loved it.
In the foreground is our own Garmin, with an NZ chip. Behind it is the Kruze.

http://clive.smugmug.com/Travel/Australia-New-Zealand-Dec-2008/Queenstown-and-the-road-to/7310401_33bm3/1/#470204689_HWQLe-A-LB

Apart from the main tourist spots, The Otago Central Rail Trail is
worth looking for:
 - if you ride a bike
http://www.otagocentralrailtrail.co.nz/faq.html

--