Subject: [Leica] A piece of great news...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:25:45 +0100

You may remember that back in late August I posted these two pictures of a
man who had been living in a broken down car on the sidewalk by the beach
since May:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#635831932_RD2BE
http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#635832032_ctrwP

I cycle past this spot several times a week, and during the months since I
took these pictures I have occasionally stopped by to chat with him, give
him some money, lights for his bicycle etc. Last week we had some bad
weather with cold nights (not freezing, but cold) and lots of rain, and I
had been concerned about him. When I cycled by on Monday afternoon, he was
not there but otherwise the place looked normal. Today I came by and saw
that his things were gone and some garbage men were loading the remaining
junk onto a truck to take it away. I stopped to talk to them and they told
me that he now, finally, had got a place to live. After 6 months! I guess
the latest round of publicity (national TV came to do a story on him in
November, for a popular programme called Espa?a Directo) helped the local
authorities get off their collective butt.

I feel very happy with the outcome and about the fact that I was able to
provide him some small measure of comfort during the ordeal.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu