Subject: [Leica] IMG: White-rumped Shama (repost)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 00:01:27 -0500 (EST)

Last winter I photographed a White-rumped Shama in very poor lighting
conditions; much like the Western Bluebird re-posted a week or so ago, the
light on the Shama was heavily filtered / colored by overhead foliage making
good color balance tricky at best: good color balance on the bird resulted
in drab  foliage, and good foliage color turned the bird a sickly green.

For this lighting condition I've created two separate Curves adjustment
layers, one for the foliage and one for the bird, creating a mask for each
layer corresponding to its intended target.

Here's the result for the Shama:

(previous) http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/wrsh00.jpg

(revised) http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/turdidae/wrsh00.jpg

All comments are welcome.