Subject: [Leica] DLUX-4 missing cables
From: dlp at pacific.net (Donna-Lee Phillips)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:12:24 -0800

Help? I know this is a simple and not very interesting question, but...
I bought a Leica DLUX-4 from Adorama a couple of months ago. I've
finally learned enough about it to download images to my computer, but
the two cables--USB and AV--which are listed as being in the box weren't.

An e-mail to Adorama--who will NEVER get any more business from
me--suggested that I contact the mfg. The Instruction manual says to
contact the dealer, and NOT to use any but the included cable.

I have a brain injury and am trying to relearn what skills I lost in an
auto accident after a pretty good photography career. I have to take
things one step at a time. I do realise that the term "customer service"
is pretty much a dead end anymore, but I really do need the cables and I
haven't a clue how to find them.

I tried to e-mail Leica, a daunting experience because their sites are
HUGE... but Leica is on vacation until January 4.

My $10 drugstore special digital key chain camera, which I bought for a
joke, comes complete with a USB cable.

Adorama told me "Thank you for contacting Adorama. Unfortunately we do
not have these cables around to send out." They did tell me they
appreciated my business. I do not appreciate theirs.

Thank you,

Donna-Lee

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) ([Leica] DLUX-4 missing cables)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] DLUX-4 missing cables)