Subject: [Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:53:02 -0500

> Kyle,
> Just remember, in all these depreciation based tax dodges(lease,
> investment allowance, etc), the actual effect is that it postpones tax
> payment, and does not write it off permanently. This is because if you
> get a large depreciation in the first year, you are going to get less
> in all subsequent years, and therefore pay more tax in those years. It
> is generally an extremely lousy idea to buy an asset based on tax
> requirements rather than actual need.  Keep this in mind for any
> depreciable asset purchase.
> Cheers
> Jayanand

I also remember that my Leica glass I got in the 90's are worth twice  now
than what I paid for them.
Nikon Zero.
Not what I'd call a close call.

Nikon glass is so great with the
CRC Close Range Correction
DC Defocus or Auto Bokeh (my term)
ED Extra-low Dispersion glass and IF  Internal Focusing
Nano Nano Crystal NIC and SIC coatings
RF  Rear Focusing. Even sitting down.
VR VIBRATION REDUCTION
But it doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.

Its all micromoter driven tupperware on steroids.
Here today gone tomorrow.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it)