Subject: [Leica] Captions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:47:40 -0500

> I think we best enter into this discussion
> the difference between
> caption
> and
> title
>
> a captions serves to add relevant and/or useful (hopefully) information
> a title serves to "name" the image
>
> very different purposes
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
> On Dec 28, 2009, at 6:54 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>>> My two pennorth,
>>>
>>> I think it all depends on what the pictures show - I can't really
>>> imagine one of my (now quite numerous) town/city tours without
>>> captions
>>> showing where all the shots were taken.
>>>
>>> The same applies to the captions of Doug Herr's bird shots telling us
>>> what they are (paticularly when the Latin names are used so I can
>>> look
>>> up what they are called over here in Germany - who knows when they
>>> might
>>> turn up in a translation :-) )
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Douglas
>>

>> Yes a simple dry description.  A couple of words.
>> I see a lot of couple of words with number or letter.
>>

>> Mark William Rabiner

Yes caption, title and file name can be synonymous as often as not in this
digital day and age.
I've seen it in there in the metadata, the caption. The title.
But most often not messed with it. Lately for me my file name has become the
title.
I guess when I did the show in Manchester I came up with some with words not
numbers.

The metadata needs to have a slot of "what you had for breakfast that
morning" as it does for everything else.

Mark William Rabiner