Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 28/12/2009: two from Europe's southern end
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:37:04 +0100

Bob,

The Brits are famous for hiding their food, Shepherd's Pie on the menu
in the background is another - minced beef (should be lamb or mutton)
topped off with mashed potato (typically made with the remains of the
Sunday joint) - then there are so many different pies and pasties, both
sweet and savoury, with plenty of pastry to hide the cook's evil doings.

We also hide sausages in Yorkshire pudding and calling it Toad in the
Hole (perhaps it was at some time).

BTW: Mushy Peas are wonderful if they are made right

Although I think this line from Wikipedia is a little cynical:

"Mushy Peas is a popular and characteristic British dish that has helped
to give British cooking its well-deserved reputation."

Cheers
Douglas