Subject: [Leica] How to avoid flash problems...
From: bs.pearce at cox.net (Sue Pearce)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:13:46 -0600

Not to become know as the group Luddite, but...

I've been a professional photographer, mostly commercial and industrial,
since the very early seventies. I've taken a crack at several TTL flash
systems, and been uniformly dissapointed. My  favorite flash getup was my
500CM and a Quantum T2. I shot mostly Plus-X and 160NC, and the little
electric eye in the Quantum was flawless, although I understood that I got
some wiggle room from the film.

Most recently, I used an SB800 with my D3, and while it was generally
reliable, it just wasn't as dead on as with the Quantum. Whne I got my M9, I
didn't want to use the Quantum, as it was just TOO BIG, and the foot of the
SB800 won't fit in the M9 hot shoe. So, I have a Metz 54, as nice a shoe
mount strobe as there is. With the standard foot, it has it's own quto
system, although not OTF.

I recently used it, and there are NO problems, NONE!

Not to be the Luddite, but I spit on TTL flash.

Bill Pearce

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] How to avoid flash problems...)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] How to avoid flash problems...)