Subject: [Leica] IMG: Happy New Year from Kabul, Afghanistan
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:45:12 -0800

Hi Hugh,
My 2010 Happy New Year message is you safely survive that hell hole of a
country!

Given yesterday a very fine super human being Canadian woman journalist from
The Calgary Herald, engaged to be married in July and on her first 6 week
assignment was blown up along with 4 Canadian soldiers! A bloody crime! Over
their to help the people. It's about time our people of the western world
woke up and bring every one home!

In that part of the world Afghanistan you can go back to Alexander the Great
and nobody, read my lips..... NOBODY  has ever changed anything other than
many thousands of human beings killed for absolutely nothing!

Sorry guys and gals but I knew the lady killed yesterday and they don't come
any better as journalists. A very fine absolutely first class human being!
Such a beautiful bubbly attitude! So if I sound a tad ticked off, well I am
and furious that young men and women are being killed there for absolutely
nothing!

In any event Hugh I wish you every hoped for prayer and safety for 2010.
Bottom line? I'd get my ass out of that place as fast as I could and screw
them!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SAFETY ALL THE WAY! My wife and I will say prayers for
your safety!
cheers
ted