Subject: [Leica] My last pictures of 2009... beaming kid.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 16:07:22 -0500

Thanks to everyone who looked and especially commented...

2010-01-02-13:03:10 Bob Adler:
> Very nice! You got a great moment there.

Thanks.

> I might tried cropping to the dad from the left, up from the bottom and
> from
> the right a tich? BW might be nice too.

You hit on just the places I kept fiddling with.  When I put these
pictures up on Facebook, for the proprietors and attendees, I used a
tighter crop for this one, especially on the left -- I cut it off right
about where the man's back (and he works there -- I'm not sure, but I
think the boy's dad may be the shadowy figure at the right) meets the
little muffin thing.  Of course, with Facebook's postage-stamp-sized
maximum picture size, tight crops help allow people's faces to be large
enough to read. When I put the picture up on photos.bazbarfoo.com,
I loosened the crop up a little to try to let things "breathe" --
partially because I fear I'm sometimes a little too tight-assed in my
cropping -- and let the left edge of the white jar survive, although at
the cost of some visual clutter on the left.

I'll stick a tighter crop and a B&W version up in the LUG gallery when I get
few minutes.  Thanks for your interest.

 -Jeff

Message from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] My last pictures of 2009... beaming kid.)