Subject: [Leica] Ultra wide
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 21:15:24 -0800

Lawrence Zeitlin offered:
>>> You may be misreading it. I never think about lenses before taking a
> picture. In fact I don't think much about anything. When I see something I
> like, I simply push the button. Maybe that's the problem with my photos.
> My
> main objection to ultra wides is that I want the pictures to look like
> what
> I see in the viewfinder.<<<<<

Hi Larry,
Thank you as it seems we ... "see shoot!" As it should be without thought!
Motivated only by what we react to in the viewfinder!

Although I use wides in many situations, particularly interiors and in
travel type assignments where I can make something look more attractive than
others who've only the use of a 50mm lens have gone before me.

On my M8 I find using the 21mm very interesting as it sort of looks like a
35 without cutting off some of the frame if I were to use my 35, which I
would on  a full frame Leica, M9 or film M7.

cheers,
ted