Subject: [Leica] Reflections, photos, art
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:37:54 -0500

> The line between photography and art is getting blurred. This just won the
> prize for works on paper at a prestigious Tri-State art show.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Reflections+.jpg.html
>
> I took the original photo. My wife did the collage. The result was
> rephotographed and ink jet printed. Photo, artwork, or paper print - you
> decide.
>
> Larry Z

Congratulations. I'm glad I don't have to decide, and I wish I had more
"creative" thoughts on using my images. Recently I bought a series of
images from a woman, who puts recurring image themes together with simple
images of eyes and creates wonderful "Art".

I was in the northern Territory and taking images of the "land" which
reminded me of the Aboriginal art I was seeing there:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/Central+Australia/Abstract-1.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/yjtb3xr

and when I got home I saw work by an Aboriginal artist, who was taking
similar patterns from the landscape and "layering" them over nudes. This
"layering" technique is turning up everywhere I look at the moment.
Someone must be teaching it at photo/art courses as a way of putting
texture into otherwise simple images.

Damn, my great concept already used "as always: ;-)

Cheers

alastair