Subject: [Leica] Layering
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 16:55:23 -0500

At 04:46 PM 1/3/2010, you wrote:

>This image might benefit from Tina's layered exposures: I'm trying one out
>at the moment, but my PS CS3 keeps "freezing". The new LR does not like us
>cheap CS3 users :-(
>
>Alastair

Alastair -

Are you using the beta LR3?  It still seems to have quite a few bugs
to work out.  Try the layering in LR2.  I only have PSCS3, too.
You can do the merge to HDR, you can use software like Photomatix, or
you can export the original and virtual copies as tif files to PS and
experiment with layering there.
The software is by far the easiest but you really have to back off
the effects to get a natural look.  The layering varies with each
exposure and is harder to control.

Have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley