Subject: [Leica] 2010 now Avatar
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 00:22:27 -0500

> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> By the way avoid seeing Avatar in digital. 3d
>> Those guys have NOT got their act together in that area yet. Stick to
>> film
>>

> I guess I have a treat ahead of me when I see the film version, because I
> was pretty happy with the 3D rendition of Avatar.
>
> I saw it yesterday.  Seemed to me about the best 3D I've seen in a
> theater.
>
> Particularly well done were the details, like bugs, and such.

3D stuff is never going to be easy in its early days. Good luck to the
makers for giving it a go. I saw one of the fall of Pompeii. It was a bit
"simplistic" but very effective and the kids loved it. Perhaps its a genre
more for the open developing minds of children.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] 2010 now Avatar)