Subject: [Leica] 2010 now Avatar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:48:12 -0500

> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM, <afirkin at afirkin.com> wrote:

>>> I guess I have a treat ahead of me when I see the film version, because I
>>> was pretty happy with the 3D rendition of Avatar.
>>>
>>> I saw it yesterday.  Seemed to me about the best 3D I've seen in a
>>> theater.
>>>
>>> Particularly well done were the details, like bugs, and such.
>>
>> 3D stuff is never going to be easy in its early days.
>>

> I don't consider this the early days of 3D.   I think Avatar, at least as I
> saw it, was solid work, and finally worth watching.  I look forward to
> more.
>
> If I had been Rei, I would not have even tried, however, I would have asked
> for my money back and returned when viewing conditions were better.  Shame
> on the theater for even selling those front row seats where ther 3D doesn't
> work.

I sat in the front row in 1973 for Andy Warhol's "Frankenstein which was in
the Space-Vision 3D process and avoided 3D again for decades.
The trick is to sit in the back row.
I've seen more 3d movies in the past two years than the rest of my life
times ten.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] 2010 now Avatar)