Subject: [Leica] Walls that work - or not
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:13:07 +0100

Alastair,

There's an interesting story about Arthur Raistrick - probably the
world's first industrial archaeologist, and from Yorkshire. He visited
northern Norway to compare sheep farming methods with those of the
Yorkshire Dales and discovered that he was more or less able to get by
with Yorkshire dialect when talking to farmers who still spoke old
Norwegian rather than Nynorsk.

Cheers
Douglas

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Walls that work - or not)