Subject: [Leica] SD card will wirelessly upload your photos as you shoot
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 08:24:12 -0800

Kyle Cassidy  offered:

Hi Kyle,
One of the sad things about digital and photo use is exactly what you say...
"Joe Blots buys a new mattress from  a big box store and receives a "free
digital camera!" In his or her mind they click a few and "Oh my gosh look at
the great pictures THIS CAMERA TAKES!" And over night with a few clicks more
they become the worlds greatest in their own minds, news photographer!
aaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they begin to click at various rallies or whatever and send their
atrocious electronic image without any thought of composition or whatever a
real photojournalist would. Then the weak minded visually challenged editor
on the desk at the time uses it, instead of the photography from the guy who
would be paid who actually sent a far better photograph.

Then papers and other publications begin to fall "INTO THE CHEAP MINDED
QUALITY DOESN'T COUNT"  many have become.... Yes yes I know many are
crashing and burning because of the economic times, so fire all their loyal
photographers simply because numb nuts Joe Blots keeps sending images for
free! :-( The content as seen in many publications these days is pure
unadulterated crap!

I would not want to be a student in a photography academy these days with
any hopes of making a solid living from my photography, certainly with the
world full of "Joe Blots super human iphone photographers" doing it for free
and a credit line.

OK rant over.
However, this rant may not mean much to you folks who are amateurs, but for
those who are professionals and require clients to make a living it's
becoming a disaster! The words... "Oh we have a number of stringers with
digi cams so we don't require any photographers any longer!" It becomes
devastating as clients drop away like dying flies and we haven't done
anything to deserve being cut off! Oh sure if we did it for "FUN" we could
still be shooting for many clients. But fun doesn't put bread and butter on
the table. ;-(

ted

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] SD card will wirelessly upload your photos as you shoot)