Subject: [Leica] louvre bans photography
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:49:27 -0500

I was looking for an academic paper I seem to have read before about the
Louvre, copyright, their reproductions, and the original Mona Lisa, and came
across this interesting article about the banning of photography:

http://www.culturekiosque.com/art/news/davincicode_pictures_monalisa.html

seems photographing the mona lisa has been verbotten since 1996 but
according to the article, the ban only reduced the number of photos taken of
the iconic painting by 80%. Security staff are so overwhelmed by the number
of people violating the ban they can only stop a handful.

The average time spent viewing DiVinci's masterpiece? fifteen seconds.

kc

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] louvre bans photography)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Louvre bans photography)