Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook Covers
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:11:25 -0500

I pick the cover subject for several reasons:

1. We're ostensibly a Leica users group, though not everyone uses a Leica
all the time.  Some merely aspire to Leica ownership/usage.

2. It eliminates any complaints about whose picture was selected for the
cover.  The last thing I want to do is get into a photo competition--the
whole purpose of the yearbook is collaborative, rather than competitive.
I'm thrilled that some notable gear users are able to send me gear shots for
the cover.  Really, the covers are merely an introduction or, as in the case
of the Ted Grant picture (this year) or Tina Manley picture (last year), or
the Brian Reid returned mail (year before that), a document of a notable
event that happened to a prominent LUG personage that year.

3. After covers like these, it only can get better inside <g>.

Thanks,

Jim
Who would vastly prefer to see a 500 page book next year, with more than 200
participants. So start shooting now.