Subject: [Leica] Take your breath away S2 -- be nice to the two sisters
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:28:31 -0500

I'm basically with Nathan -- it'd be an exciting camera in Doug's hands, and
a few others', and if someone gave one to me, otherwise ho-hum.  But I did
find the sisters, with their awkwardness and their shy rendition of
come-hither product models, kind of sweet. In a good sport/well-brought-up
European sorta way.

And no one has asked the question: how could someone who'd buy an S2 make
and promulgate such a lame video?

There was however a very good video spread around the list some months ago
of a photographer / reviewer whose name I've forgotten doing tests with a
pre-production model, against a phase one I think.... anyway if anyone still
has that link do share it because then you easily-excited types can see the
thing really at work. Lenses and all. And with a much more stop-your-breath
model too.   Me, I'm going to sell my S2 when someone does give one to me
and buy an M-9 and a bunch of lenses. And a monitor and a printer and a good
used car.  The S2's too big for me to carry around the streets of NYC
pointing at people.

Vince P

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Take your breath away S2 -- be nice to the two sisters)