Subject: [Leica] photo-book printing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:31:08 -0500

> On Jan 9, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Jeff Moore wrote:
>
>> Awhile ago, someone on the LUG posted this blog entry about an
>> ASMP-sponsored comparison of on-demand photo-book publishers:
>>

>> http://sharpernewyork.blogspot.com/2009/07/print-on-demand-book-test-results.
>> html
>>
>>> From the above article:
>>
>>    Printer Overall Rating
>>
>>    MagCloud 6
>>    Create Space 4.8
>>    Comix Press 4.7
>>    LuLu 5.7
>>    Apple 7.4
>>    Adorama 7.5
>>    My Publisher 6.7
>>    Blurb 6.7
>>    Pikto 6.3
>>    Shared Ink 7
>>    White House 7
>>    Mpix 7.1
>>    Bay Photo 7.4
>>    A & I 8.2
>>    Embassy 6.3
>>    Fastback 6.9
>>    Paper Chase 7.3
>>    Asuka 7.9
>>
>> It bugged me that the list wasn't sorted by... anything I could discern.
>

> the order above is from the least expensive to the most....

A & I      8.2
Asuka      7.9
Adorama      7.5
Apple      7.4
Bay Photo      7.4
Paper Chase      7.3
Mpix      7.1
Shared Ink      7
White House      7
Fastback      6.9
My Publisher      6.7
Blurb      6.7
Pikto      6.3
Embassy      6.3
MagCloud      6
LuLu      5.7
Create Space      4.8
Comix Press      4.7

An issue might be how many of them print better then the person reading the
list.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] photo-book printing)