Subject: [Leica] IMG: Barcelona Chair
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:40:24 -0500

Not to get really technical, but the real Barcelona pattern was never
mass-produced - it was tubular steel (bolted together), white pigskin, and a
diamond-shaped tufting pattern. What is called the "Barcelona" chair today
is the postwar resurrection of the design that was popularized by the
Seagram's building.  The current one has a solid-welded stainless frame (no
disassembly), cow leather, and square tufting.

This chair only becomes comfortable after about 10 years of use.  It is also
amazingly heavy.

Dante

NO ARCHIVE