Subject: [Leica] Winder for 'M' 6 or 7.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:52:55 -0500

> I was fortunate in picking up an M winder a few months ago. This one I
> ordered
> today is in like-new condition. After putting the first one, on one of my M
> "7s" I was surprised by the extra amount of grip it afforded me.I have
> rather
> large hands. I purchased the plain grips when Leica brought them out. I
> guess
> for me it's a question of balance. The grips are good but still did not
> answer
> my situation. After removing the bottom plate and screwing on the winder, I
> was surprised at the "heft". Even with my M 75 f 1.4, the balance is
> excellent
> in my hands. Now I know I'll put the other on the other M 7 when it
> arrives. I
> don't understand those who talk about weight. Weight is my EOS 3 with
> Canon's
> 200 f 1.8 attached. That's weight. I have two winders on two of my 'Rs'.
> Again
> it is balance rather than running through a roll of film in 22 seconds.
>
> --

Also consider the simple Rapidwinder.
I like those half the time instead of full electronics.

http://www.rapidwinder.com/

And Tom has designed a grip which goes with it which is CNC's and I'm quite
found of. All metal.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Winder for 'M' 6 or 7.)