Subject: [Leica] Panamanian Birds
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:52:09 -0600

Folks -

Well... seeing as how I ended up with no film in Panama I was left with no
other option than to tag along with My Wife the Birder and shoot a lotta
birds..

So, it was Telyt & Tilley hat for me, with 6 days split between the Canopy
Tower outside of  Gamboa & the Canopy Lodge in El Valle. ( Both places, by
the way, are All Leica facilities, with the guides sporting nothing but Red
Dots all over their binos & scopes.)  Every day we'd get up before dawn and
go out with a guide, tramp around 'till noon, eat lunch, then go out again
'till sunset.

After hacking away for a bit since we got back to the states I finally had
to admit that I really have no skills with which to edit images in
Lightroom, so I just cropped most of the shots into squares and threw up the
roughs.  A somewhat mixed bag (yeah, I know..."you are what you post" etc.)
but I did what I could with the birds at hand:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/panama

Actually, my favorite shot of the trip is the last one, of The Humans, with
my pocket camera.  Also, the shot of the Great Potoo is one of those
point-the-point-&-shoot-through-the-scope-eyepiece kindof things.
Everything else was shot with the 400 Telyt.

Comments, corrections on bird ID's, etc. are welcome.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Panamanian Birds)